Here’s the plan: On Saturday morning we will hop on the bus to Desaru beach in southeastern Johor in Malaysia.
We’ll rent surfboards right at the beach and the fun begins. Absolute beginners are welcome! You can take a surfing lesson with a qualified instructor.
On Sunday, we’ll trek to Pelapah falls. This beautiful path will lead us wading through the river, over slippery rocks and fallen tree trunks, and occasionally we’ll be using a rope to make it up and down the steeper parts.
Arriving at the falls, we will receive our intro to abseiling and safety instruction from our trained instructors, and then we will go off abseiling down the fall!
We will have a BBQ right by the fall before, well-fed and exhausted, we hop back onto the bus back home.
It will cost us S$132 and we need 8 people to make this trip happen. It includes the following:
- All transport starting from JB
- Accomodation in a basic homestay
- Surfboard rental
- Safety crew, abseiling instructor, trekking guides
- Surfing lesson (every participant have to book the lesson. It is 150RM and about 5 pax to one instructor for 3-4 hours)
- Other meals
- Accomodation will be basic
- You don’t need prior experience in either surfing, climbing or abseiling. As long as you are comfortable trekking 2h (one way) on rocky terrain and sometimes wading through river, you’ll be fine.
By WEIRDOFREAKO OUTDOOR PTE. LTD. - TA License No : 02937